Total Pageviews

Premium Ingredients, Homemade Taste!

At the Cupcake Corner, we strive to provide high quality cupcakes made with premium ingredients & free from hydrogenated oils. We are so passionate about our cupcakes & would never serve anything that we would not love to devour ourselves. All of our cupcakes are baked by hand, from scratch! We promise to serve you the freshest cupcakes made with a tremendous amount of love & care. We are always especially thrilled to receive customized orders (for an extra charge), so please don't hesitate to be as creative as you can get! We are more than willing to accomodate your special occasion, as best as we possibly can. If you have special dietary restrictions or requests (i.e. gluten-free, vegan, sugar-free, egg free), we are always happy to accomodate for an additional charge. Please note that special requests require extra time to prepare so please contact us for details! For all other cupcake inquiries or orders, feel free to contact us at your convenience at: cupcakecornersd@gmail.com OR 858-610-6500.








Thursday, January 27, 2011

What a Rush!

Last week was incredibly busy! I had some really fun orders in addition to attending my good friend, Amy's bridal shower/bachelorette celebration. The orders consisted of both cupcakes & cakes with a lot of customization...my specialty! Baking is one thing, but being able to customize a cake or cupcakes for a special occasion is a completely different experience. It is more of an art form & I definitely think I get that creative side from my mom! She was an art major in college & is so ridiculously talented.

The first order I had was for a surprise birthday party thrown by Starry Eyed Music in Downtown San Diego at Syrah Wine Parlor. They ordered two dozen minis but with a request for their logo & various birthday decorations for the birthday girl. Since Starry Eyed Music's logo is in black, I decided to customize all of the decorations in black, white, & silver for a real classy, upscale look. That is the beauty of decorating! Just by using the right colors, you can make any cake or cupcake classy & elegant OR fun & loud...all depending on the colors & theme used. I especially love receving a mixture of children's orders & corporate or bridal shower orders, as it gives me a nice variety & balance.





Another order I received, was for really healthy carrot cupakes! It's been quite some time since I've received an order for my carrot cupcakes. I was especially thrilled to have a request for a healthier version...even though my cupcakes are already on the healthier side when compared to majority of other cupcake companies, as I refrain from using hydrogenated oils & all other trans fats. I also use less sugar in all of my frostings in order to not overpower the cupcakes or cakes.

For this particular order, they had requested unbleached, whole wheat flour & unrefined sugar. They also wanted me to use less sugar, so my cupcakes had that all-natural sweetness primarily from the crushed apples that I incorporated into the batter. I topped the cupcakes with a brown sugar mascarpone cream cheese frosting & garnished them with a shaving of fresh carrot. Soo delicious & creamy! I am so proud of this frosting, as it is my very own recipe! I don't believe anyone has attempted this frosting before:) Let me tell you, it is absolutely divine! One of my favs for sure!
A request was also made for a few of the cupcakes to be customized to fit the theme of the birthday party, "The Really Hungry Catepillar." I love, love, LOVE that book, still to this very day! Eric Carle sure knows how to engage not only children, but adults in his stories:)

It's a good thing I had extras when making this order because I was DYING to try them, and my mom & I devoured them entirely! Soo moist & light! I definitely encourage you all to give these a try! They are absolutely scrumptious in every possible way! Aaaaannndd, you don't feel so guilty after eating 2 or 3 of them;)





On Saturday, I catered two parties. The first was a bridal shower for Amy Wakabayashi, one of my very best friends! Amy is not much of a cake person but loooooves apple pie! I typically make her an apple pie on her birthday but decided I would make apple pie cupcakes! They were a hit & devoured quickly:)








In the afternoon, I catered an engagement party for a really sweet couple. They order three dozen  mini cupcakes (Chocolicious, Burgundy Velvet, & Taramisu). They requested their cupcakes to be customized with black, white, & silver decorations. They looked very elegant & were perfect for an engagement party!







On Sunday, I had a small order from a friend of mine, for a dozen, standard Burgundy Velvet. I decided to customize them for his girlfriend since they were a surprise birthday gift:) When I asked him how they liked them he responded with, "Let me put it this way, they were all I had for dinner." So, to sum it up...they tasted just as great as they looked!:)







Well, another busy weekend ahead of me! Lots of decorations to prep & shopping for ingredients to do! Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment