Total Pageviews

Premium Ingredients, Homemade Taste!

At the Cupcake Corner, we strive to provide high quality cupcakes made with premium ingredients & free from hydrogenated oils. We are so passionate about our cupcakes & would never serve anything that we would not love to devour ourselves. All of our cupcakes are baked by hand, from scratch! We promise to serve you the freshest cupcakes made with a tremendous amount of love & care. We are always especially thrilled to receive customized orders (for an extra charge), so please don't hesitate to be as creative as you can get! We are more than willing to accomodate your special occasion, as best as we possibly can. If you have special dietary restrictions or requests (i.e. gluten-free, vegan, sugar-free, egg free), we are always happy to accomodate for an additional charge. Please note that special requests require extra time to prepare so please contact us for details! For all other cupcake inquiries or orders, feel free to contact us at your convenience at: cupcakecornersd@gmail.com OR 858-610-6500.








Monday, January 17, 2011

Let them eat cake!

A girlfriend of mine, ordered a Taro cake for her dad's birthday this past weekend. I decided to fill it with a coconut mousseline cream & topped it with a coconut cream cheese frosting that was soo creamy & light. I garnished the cake with shredded coconut & homemade sugared taro flakes! This wasn't the traditional taro cake that most people are use to eating, but rather the "cupcake corner taro" version, which is more on the vanilla side. It received great reviews & I even had a little extra batter to make a couple tester cupcakes for my family & I;) The cake turned out very moist & creamy! Not too rich & heavy, like how most gourmet cakes can get.



The day after, it was my maternal grandfather's 91st birthday! My family & I were so excited to celebrate with him. He was especially thrilled that we all came to visit with some yummy treats! My mom made a special request for a lemon cake...one of my specialties! :) I filled the cake with a lemon mousseline cream & topped it with a lemon buttercream made with fresh lemon juice & fresh lemon zest! The cake was absolutely fabulous! It was extremely moist & full of flavor! I candied the lemon twists as a garnish & the sides of the cake are covered in shredded coconut. Definitely put a lot of work into this cake lol, oh if you only knew;)






My grandfather is the most adorable man I know;) He took care of me growing up so he definitely deserved to have this special birthday cake:) He even asked me to make his birthday cake again....in 20 years! Lol, quite determined to live way past 100! Hey, it could happen!

This past weekend, I also had a couple orders for a bridal shower & baby shower. The bridal shower cupcakes (TARAmisu & Chocolicious with Mexican Vanilla Bean frosting) were customized with the colors of the wedding (black, olive green, & beige/tan) with "N" monograms & little fondant martini glasses which stood for the bride's first name & married name...Nadine Martini! I thought the cupcakes turned out great & I received great feedback:)





By the way, I have been playing around with my chocolate recipe & changed it up a bit! My mom (toughest cupcake critic) & I feel that it is so much tastier than ever before! Since I prefer to not share my recipes or secrets, I will just have to encourage you all to order my new & improved chocolicious cupcakes!

For the joint baby shower...the order was for TARAmisu & Mexican Vanilla Bean cupcakes. Since the mommies-to-be have decided to keep the sex of the baby a surprise, the shower was a lady bug & bumble bee themed party! The decorations were adorable & I customized the cupcakes with fondant lady bugs & bumble bees to match the theme of the party!








Overall, it was a pretty jam-packed yet successful weekend for The Cupcake Corner! A lot of great feedback from all of my clients, family, & friends:) Another busy weekend ahead with another bridal shower, this time for my good friend, Amy! Also, an engagement party (both on Saturday)! On Sunday, a smaller order for birthday cupcakes. Looking forward to blogging about them!:)

Night all!

Tara

1 comment: