Total Pageviews

Premium Ingredients, Homemade Taste!

At the Cupcake Corner, we strive to provide high quality cupcakes made with premium ingredients & free from hydrogenated oils. We are so passionate about our cupcakes & would never serve anything that we would not love to devour ourselves. All of our cupcakes are baked by hand, from scratch! We promise to serve you the freshest cupcakes made with a tremendous amount of love & care. We are always especially thrilled to receive customized orders (for an extra charge), so please don't hesitate to be as creative as you can get! We are more than willing to accomodate your special occasion, as best as we possibly can. If you have special dietary restrictions or requests (i.e. gluten-free, vegan, sugar-free, egg free), we are always happy to accomodate for an additional charge. Please note that special requests require extra time to prepare so please contact us for details! For all other cupcake inquiries or orders, feel free to contact us at your convenience at: cupcakecornersd@gmail.com OR 858-610-6500.








Monday, January 10, 2011

A Little Experimentation...

SoOooo...this past week, I decided to do a little experimenting with a variety of ingredients. Lately, i've been getting inspired to create new cupcake flavors with ingredients that most people would not think of combining. (I think this Cupcake Wars craze is getting to me;). Anyway...I used organic coconut milk, meyer lemon, cayenne pepper, & lemon emulsion for the cake. I topped the cupcake with a chocolate-cayenne frosting, that was made with condensed milk. I decided to garnish the cupcake with freshly, candied chili peppers! The cupcake turned out quite moist & you could definitely taste a hint of all the delicious & unique flavors. None of the ingredients were overwhelming, which was what I was going for in this recipe:) Someone suggested that I should call it, "Spicy Carribean Delight" (thanks Lori!:). I definitely think it best decribes this cupcake:)



I also had the opportunity to do a little research on the different types of buttercreams. For the longest time, I have been wanting to try out the French Buttercream recipe & I finally got around to it! Let me tell you, this was by far the best tasting buttercream I have ever tasted! It was definitely a tricky recipe, as I had to attempt it a couple times in order to get it right! It required the use of a candy thermometer which I can honestly say, I have never used before...but with a little practice I finally got it right & this frosting is to die for. I literally ate it by the spoonful, lol. The taste is soo creamy & light. I cannot stand it when frostings are overly sweet! I'm thinking about using this as a filling for one of my next flavors, but I want to recreate it, that way I can officially have my claim on it:) I think it would pair well with my classic vanilla cupcake or chocolate cupcake.

Another buttercream that I am just dying to try out, is the infamous Swiss Merengue Buttercream which i've read so much about. I will of course, blog about it, giving you my overall review!:)

Here's a little incentive for you all...for every referral order of four dozen or more cupcakes, you will receive a voucher for one dozen minis of your choice!

Have a great week everyone! Check back next week for more updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment